Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Chi machine helps relaxation and insomnia.

I was reading about the various benefits of the Chi Machine and saw that relaxation and insomnia were two of the benefits.

I have now invested in one, and find that it definitely helps me to relax, helps any anxiety and also helps tension in my back, neck and shoulders.

I don't really know about the insomnia as I no longer suffer from it, but I can see how it could help that too, by allowing you to relax.

The chi machine is a footrest which moves back and forth, carrying your feet briskly from side to side. You lie down with your ankles on the footrest which also elevates them slightly. The movement will carry up through your legs and torso, throughout your entire body, causing you to wiggle back and forth like a fish swimming in water, which opens the vertebrae alleviating stress and tension on the spinal column.
This unique wave like motion replicates exercise and promotes the flow of blood to capillary banks in all extremities of the body, restoring supply to areas that may have suffered poor circulation.

No comments: